Sure, celebrities complete record-breaking feats all the time thanks to impressive salaries (Johnny Depp) or ever-expanding lists of Twitter followers (Lady Gaga), but only a few can inspire thousands to join in and smash the Guinness book's most unique records. In October, First Lady Michelle Obama and 300,265 others shattered the previous record (20,000) for most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period. Here are eight other stars and their surprising achievements.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week