Sure, celebrities complete record-breaking feats all the time thanks to impressive salaries (Johnny Depp) or ever-expanding lists of Twitter followers (Lady Gaga), but only a few can inspire thousands to join in and smash the Guinness book's most unique records. In October, First Lady Michelle Obama and 300,265 others shattered the previous record (20,000) for most people doing jumping jacks in a 24-hour period. Here are eight other stars and their surprising achievements.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The girl who wouldn't die
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- How to get the highest-end iPhone 6 Plus for just $120
Subscribe to the Week