oboticists at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology have developed a mechanized sea turtle, dubbed "Naro-Tartaruga." The aluminum explorer bot, unlike its slow-poke real-life cousins, is actually quite speedy, swimming elegantly through the water at 6.6 feet per second. "This thing could kick some butt," says Alyssa Danigelis at Discovery News. "All that's missing is a ninja eye mask." Here, nine other robots inspired by animals:
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Homeland recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- Your financial to-do list for December
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Subscribe to the Week