Roboticists at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology have developed a mechanized sea turtle, dubbed "Naro-Tartaruga." The aluminum explorer bot, unlike its slow-poke real-life cousins, is actually quite speedy, swimming elegantly through the water at 6.6 feet per second. "This thing could kick some butt," says Alyssa Danigelis at Discovery News. "All that's missing is a ninja eye mask." Here, nine other robots inspired by animals:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
Subscribe to the Week