Is Mitt Romney "the Hillary Clinton of 2012?" That's what Politico says, drawing striking parallels between Romney's campaign and Clinton's failed presidential bid in 2008. Like Romney, Clinton was the "establishment-blessed, presumptive nominee" who found her chances plummeting after struggling in Iowa and struggling to humanize herself. Here's a look at the rest of the GOP candidates and their political doppelgangers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week