Is Mitt Romney "the Hillary Clinton of 2012?" That's what Politico says, drawing striking parallels between Romney's campaign and Clinton's failed presidential bid in 2008. Like Romney, Clinton was the "establishment-blessed, presumptive nominee" who found her chances plummeting after struggling in Iowa and struggling to humanize herself. Here's a look at the rest of the GOP candidates and their political doppelgangers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week