s Mitt Romney "the Hillary Clinton of 2012?" That's what Politico says, drawing striking parallels between Romney's campaign and Clinton's failed presidential bid in 2008. Like Romney, Clinton was the "establishment-blessed, presumptive nominee" who found her chances plummeting after struggling in Iowa and struggling to humanize herself. Here's a look at the rest of the GOP candidates and their political doppelgangers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- How Captain America won over China
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week