Is Mitt Romney "the Hillary Clinton of 2012?" That's what Politico says, drawing striking parallels between Romney's campaign and Clinton's failed presidential bid in 2008. Like Romney, Clinton was the "establishment-blessed, presumptive nominee" who found her chances plummeting after struggling in Iowa and struggling to humanize herself. Here's a look at the rest of the GOP candidates and their political doppelgangers:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week