Thousands upon thousands of American homes are decked out for the holidays, and the White House is no different. This year, the Obamas, along with 85 volunteers from 39 states, decorated 54 Christmas trees and strung 20,000 pompoms to create a topiary inspired by the first pooch, Bo. Here, a look at how other First Families have celebrate the holidays:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
Subscribe to the Week