Thousands upon thousands of American homes are decked out for the holidays, and the White House is no different. This year, the Obamas, along with 85 volunteers from 39 states, decorated 54 Christmas trees and strung 20,000 pompoms to create a topiary inspired by the first pooch, Bo. Here, a look at how other First Families have celebrate the holidays:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week