Thousands upon thousands of American homes are decked out for the holidays, and the White House is no different. This year, the Obamas, along with 85 volunteers from 39 states, decorated 54 Christmas trees and strung 20,000 pompoms to create a topiary inspired by the first pooch, Bo. Here, a look at how other First Families have celebrate the holidays:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- A linguist's guide to HULK SMASH
Subscribe to the Week