Thousands upon thousands of American homes are decked out for the holidays, and the White House is no different. This year, the Obamas, along with 85 volunteers from 39 states, decorated 54 Christmas trees and strung 20,000 pompoms to create a topiary inspired by the first pooch, Bo. Here, a look at how other First Families have celebrate the holidays:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week