Thousands upon thousands of American homes are decked out for the holidays, and the White House is no different. This year, the Obamas, along with 85 volunteers from 39 states, decorated 54 Christmas trees and strung 20,000 pompoms to create a topiary inspired by the first pooch, Bo. Here, a look at how other First Families have celebrate the holidays:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week