A horrifying shooting in Tucson, Ariz., in January left six people dead and Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) fighting for her life. (See our full coverage of the Giffords shooting here.) In the wake of the tragedy, Washington's partisan rancor briefly stopped... but only briefly. Click through for more of the year's best political cartoons:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week