A horrifying shooting in Tucson, Ariz., in January left six people dead and Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) fighting for her life. (See our full coverage of the Giffords shooting here.) In the wake of the tragedy, Washington's partisan rancor briefly stopped... but only briefly. Click through for more of the year's best political cartoons:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week