arty! An estimated two million revelers gathered in New York City's Times Square on an unseasonably warm New Year's Eve to ring in 2012. Pop superstars including Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber distracted the crowd as they waited for the iconic New Year's ball — decorated with 3,000 Waterford crystal triangles — to drop and signal the arrival of 2012. Here's a look at other celebrations around the globe:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- The Daily Show has some fun mocking the CPAC power players
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
Subscribe to the Week