A surging Rick Santorum surprised the political world Tuesday when he came within 8 votes of beating Mitt Romney in the Iowa caucuses. While the social conservative thanked his family and supporters, he may also want to give a shout-out to his secret weapon — the sweater vests he wore throughout Iowa. The former senator's worsted wardrobe has garnered national attention and inspired parodies from Twitter and Tumblr. Here, a look at the vests that are making the man.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
Subscribe to the Week