A surging Rick Santorum surprised the political world Tuesday when he came within 8 votes of beating Mitt Romney in the Iowa caucuses. While the social conservative thanked his family and supporters, he may also want to give a shout-out to his secret weapon — the sweater vests he wore throughout Iowa. The former senator's worsted wardrobe has garnered national attention and inspired parodies from Twitter and Tumblr. Here, a look at the vests that are making the man.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week