A surging Rick Santorum surprised the political world Tuesday when he came within 8 votes of beating Mitt Romney in the Iowa caucuses. While the social conservative thanked his family and supporters, he may also want to give a shout-out to his secret weapon — the sweater vests he wore throughout Iowa. The former senator's worsted wardrobe has garnered national attention and inspired parodies from Twitter and Tumblr. Here, a look at the vests that are making the man.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week