surging Rick Santorum surprised the political world Tuesday when he came within 8 votes of beating Mitt Romney in the Iowa caucuses. While the social conservative thanked his family and supporters, he may also want to give a shout-out to his secret weapon — the sweater vests he wore throughout Iowa. The former senator's worsted wardrobe has garnered national attention and inspired parodies from Twitter and Tumblr. Here, a look at the vests that are making the man.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
Subscribe to the Week