A surging Rick Santorum surprised the political world Tuesday when he came within 8 votes of beating Mitt Romney in the Iowa caucuses. While the social conservative thanked his family and supporters, he may also want to give a shout-out to his secret weapon — the sweater vests he wore throughout Iowa. The former senator's worsted wardrobe has garnered national attention and inspired parodies from Twitter and Tumblr. Here, a look at the vests that are making the man.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week