After 131 years in the photography business, Eastman Kodak Co. is reportedly on the verge of bankruptcy. The iconic film and camera company invented the consumer photography craze more than a century ago and was once deeply ingrained in the American psyche. But, in recent years, it's struggled to adapt to the digital age. Here, a look back.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Rise of the machines
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week