A Mitt Romney staffer irons a U.S. flag before the former Massachusetts governor's Iowa caucus rally Tuesday night. Romney just barely won the first-in-the-nation voting contest, besting conservative Rick Santorum by a miniscule eight votes. Click through for a look at more of the week's most fascinating images from around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week