A Mitt Romney staffer irons a U.S. flag before the former Massachusetts governor's Iowa caucus rally Tuesday night. Romney just barely won the first-in-the-nation voting contest, besting conservative Rick Santorum by a miniscule eight votes. Click through for a look at more of the week's most fascinating images from around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week