akota Fanning was just 7 years old when she burst onto Hollywood's radar as Sean Penn's daughter in the tear-jerking I Am Sam, a performance that made her the youngest actress ever nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award. In the decade since, she has matured before our eyes, playing wise beyond her years in films like Uptown Girls, War of the Worlds, and The Runaways. But is she "growing up too fast"? Here, a visual history:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week