akota Fanning was just 7 years old when she burst onto Hollywood's radar as Sean Penn's daughter in the tear-jerking I Am Sam, a performance that made her the youngest actress ever nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award. In the decade since, she has matured before our eyes, playing wise beyond her years in films like Uptown Girls, War of the Worlds, and The Runaways. But is she "growing up too fast"? Here, a visual history:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week