Dakota Fanning was just 7 years old when she burst onto Hollywood's radar as Sean Penn's daughter in the tear-jerking I Am Sam, a performance that made her the youngest actress ever nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award. In the decade since, she has matured before our eyes, playing wise beyond her years in films like Uptown Girls, War of the Worlds, and The Runaways. But is she "growing up too fast"? Here, a visual history:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week