The high turnover trend continues at the White House. On Monday, President Obama announced that chief of staff William Daley, who reportedly didn't mesh well with Obama staffers and congressional leaders, would leave his post. But Daley is hardly the only staffer to depart 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue during the president's first term. Here, a look back at some key figures who stepped through the White House's revolving door.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The impossible promise at the heart of Scotland's campaign for independence
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week