The high turnover trend continues at the White House. On Monday, President Obama announced that chief of staff William Daley, who reportedly didn't mesh well with Obama staffers and congressional leaders, would leave his post. But Daley is hardly the only staffer to depart 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue during the president's first term. Here, a look back at some key figures who stepped through the White House's revolving door.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Cuba should beware of Westerners bearing gifts
Subscribe to the Week