he high turnover trend continues at the White House. On Monday, President Obama announced that chief of staff William Daley, who reportedly didn't mesh well with Obama staffers and congressional leaders, would leave his post. But Daley is hardly the only staffer to depart 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue during the president's first term. Here, a look back at some key figures who stepped through the White House's revolving door.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week