orget presidential hair, or sweater vests, the real cultish standout on the campaign trail is the GOP's stalwart libertarian, Ron Paul. The Texas congressman "doesn't have supporters," says Kenneth Rapoza at Forbes, "he has fans." From Iowa to New Hampshire and beyond, this rabid fan base rallies loud and proud for its rock-star candidate. Here, a look at Paul's remarkably devoted following.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- How Captain America won over China
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week