Forget presidential hair, or sweater vests, the real cultish standout on the campaign trail is the GOP's stalwart libertarian, Ron Paul. The Texas congressman "doesn't have supporters," says Kenneth Rapoza at Forbes, "he has fans." From Iowa to New Hampshire and beyond, this rabid fan base rallies loud and proud for its rock-star candidate. Here, a look at Paul's remarkably devoted following.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
Subscribe to the Week