Forget presidential hair, or sweater vests, the real cultish standout on the campaign trail is the GOP's stalwart libertarian, Ron Paul. The Texas congressman "doesn't have supporters," says Kenneth Rapoza at Forbes, "he has fans." From Iowa to New Hampshire and beyond, this rabid fan base rallies loud and proud for its rock-star candidate. Here, a look at Paul's remarkably devoted following.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- In defense of family dinner
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week