Forget presidential hair, or sweater vests, the real cultish standout on the campaign trail is the GOP's stalwart libertarian, Ron Paul. The Texas congressman "doesn't have supporters," says Kenneth Rapoza at Forbes, "he has fans." From Iowa to New Hampshire and beyond, this rabid fan base rallies loud and proud for its rock-star candidate. Here, a look at Paul's remarkably devoted following.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week