Forget presidential hair, or sweater vests, the real cultish standout on the campaign trail is the GOP's stalwart libertarian, Ron Paul. The Texas congressman "doesn't have supporters," says Kenneth Rapoza at Forbes, "he has fans." From Iowa to New Hampshire and beyond, this rabid fan base rallies loud and proud for its rock-star candidate. Here, a look at Paul's remarkably devoted following.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week