Forget presidential hair, or sweater vests, the real cultish standout on the campaign trail is the GOP's stalwart libertarian, Ron Paul. The Texas congressman "doesn't have supporters," says Kenneth Rapoza at Forbes, "he has fans." From Iowa to New Hampshire and beyond, this rabid fan base rallies loud and proud for its rock-star candidate. Here, a look at Paul's remarkably devoted following.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week