escue workers are still searching for survivors on the Costa Concordia, an Italian cruise ship that capsized after hitting rocks this weekend near the shore of Tuscany. At least 24 people remained missing Tuesday — including two Americans. Crews scouring the crippled ship found five more bodies on Tuesday — all adults wearing life jackets — bringing the death toll to 11. Click through for a visual timeline of this unsettling tragedy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week