Rescue workers are still searching for survivors on the Costa Concordia, an Italian cruise ship that capsized after hitting rocks this weekend near the shore of Tuscany. At least 24 people remained missing Tuesday — including two Americans. Crews scouring the crippled ship found five more bodies on Tuesday — all adults wearing life jackets — bringing the death toll to 11. Click through for a visual timeline of this unsettling tragedy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week