Rescue workers are still searching for survivors on the Costa Concordia, an Italian cruise ship that capsized after hitting rocks this weekend near the shore of Tuscany. At least 24 people remained missing Tuesday — including two Americans. Crews scouring the crippled ship found five more bodies on Tuesday — all adults wearing life jackets — bringing the death toll to 11. Click through for a visual timeline of this unsettling tragedy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- As deadly skin cancer rates keep climbing, surgeon general says to stop tanning and wear sunscreen
Subscribe to the Week