Rescue workers are still searching for survivors on the Costa Concordia, an Italian cruise ship that capsized after hitting rocks this weekend near the shore of Tuscany. At least 24 people remained missing Tuesday — including two Americans. Crews scouring the crippled ship found five more bodies on Tuesday — all adults wearing life jackets — bringing the death toll to 11. Click through for a visual timeline of this unsettling tragedy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Paul Allen's 'bitter' Bill-Gates-bashing memoir
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
Subscribe to the Week