Rescue workers are still searching for survivors on the Costa Concordia, an Italian cruise ship that capsized after hitting rocks this weekend near the shore of Tuscany. At least 24 people remained missing Tuesday — including two Americans. Crews scouring the crippled ship found five more bodies on Tuesday — all adults wearing life jackets — bringing the death toll to 11. Click through for a visual timeline of this unsettling tragedy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
Subscribe to the Week