It's all about the "Newtmentum." The former House speaker has erased Mitt Romney's once-sizable lead in South Carolina's polls, and is threatening (again) to make a serious run for the GOP presidential nomination. Indeed, thanks to winning debate performances and endorsements from Rick Perry and Sarah Palin, it seems not even a tell-all interview from Newt's second ex-wife can bring Gingrich down.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week