It's all about the "Newtmentum." The former House speaker has erased Mitt Romney's once-sizable lead in South Carolina's polls, and is threatening (again) to make a serious run for the GOP presidential nomination. Indeed, thanks to winning debate performances and endorsements from Rick Perry and Sarah Palin, it seems not even a tell-all interview from Newt's second ex-wife can bring Gingrich down.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 18, 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week