It's all about the "Newtmentum." The former House speaker has erased Mitt Romney's once-sizable lead in South Carolina's polls, and is threatening (again) to make a serious run for the GOP presidential nomination. Indeed, thanks to winning debate performances and endorsements from Rick Perry and Sarah Palin, it seems not even a tell-all interview from Newt's second ex-wife can bring Gingrich down.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week