Mitt Romney isn't just rich. He's "über rich," a fact that voters were once again reminded of this week when Mitt released his tax returns, revealing that he'd earned $42 million in the last two years. (His net worth is estimated at $250 million.) But Romney isn't the first super-rich person to run for the nation's top office. Here, a visual history of privileged presidential candidates:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How to flirt, according to science
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week