itt Romney isn't just rich. He's "über rich," a fact that voters were once again reminded of this week when Mitt released his tax returns, revealing that he'd earned $42 million in the last two years. (His net worth is estimated at $250 million.) But Romney isn't the first super-rich person to run for the nation's top office. Here, a visual history of privileged presidential candidates:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week