Mitt Romney isn't just rich. He's "über rich," a fact that voters were once again reminded of this week when Mitt released his tax returns, revealing that he'd earned $42 million in the last two years. (His net worth is estimated at $250 million.) But Romney isn't the first super-rich person to run for the nation's top office. Here, a visual history of privileged presidential candidates:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week