Mitt Romney isn't just rich. He's "über rich," a fact that voters were once again reminded of this week when Mitt released his tax returns, revealing that he'd earned $42 million in the last two years. (His net worth is estimated at $250 million.) But Romney isn't the first super-rich person to run for the nation's top office. Here, a visual history of privileged presidential candidates:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week