Bolivian women joke around with each other during celebrations in Tiwanaku, where thousands of indigenous Bolivians gathered to celebrate the newly renamed "Plurinational State of Bolivia." (The country officially changed its name in 2009 to better reflect its multi-ethnic composition.) Click through for a look at more of the week's most striking images from around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week