Bolivian women joke around with each other during celebrations in Tiwanaku, where thousands of indigenous Bolivians gathered to celebrate the newly renamed "Plurinational State of Bolivia." (The country officially changed its name in 2009 to better reflect its multi-ethnic composition.) Click through for a look at more of the week's most striking images from around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 12 holiday gifts for the hardest-to-shop-for people on your list
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week