Bolivian women joke around with each other during celebrations in Tiwanaku, where thousands of indigenous Bolivians gathered to celebrate the newly renamed "Plurinational State of Bolivia." (The country officially changed its name in 2009 to better reflect its multi-ethnic composition.) Click through for a look at more of the week's most striking images from around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week