olivian women joke around with each other during celebrations in Tiwanaku, where thousands of indigenous Bolivians gathered to celebrate the newly renamed "Plurinational State of Bolivia." (The country officially changed its name in 2009 to better reflect its multi-ethnic composition.) Click through for a look at more of the week's most striking images from around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we need a maximum wage
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week