Bolivian women joke around with each other during celebrations in Tiwanaku, where thousands of indigenous Bolivians gathered to celebrate the newly renamed "Plurinational State of Bolivia." (The country officially changed its name in 2009 to better reflect its multi-ethnic composition.) Click through for a look at more of the week's most striking images from around the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
Subscribe to the Week