After Newt Gingrich's shocking come-from-behind victory in South Carolina, he vaulted into a polling lead in Florida's Jan. 31 primary. But then a worried GOP establishment quickly attacked Newt, and a newly aggressive Mitt Romney bested Gingrich in two Florida debates, reclaiming the lead. But with many voters still cool on Romney, will the GOP try to draft a white knight like Mitch Daniels?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to deep fry a turkey
Subscribe to the Week