After Newt Gingrich's shocking come-from-behind victory in South Carolina, he vaulted into a polling lead in Florida's Jan. 31 primary. But then a worried GOP establishment quickly attacked Newt, and a newly aggressive Mitt Romney bested Gingrich in two Florida debates, reclaiming the lead. But with many voters still cool on Romney, will the GOP try to draft a white knight like Mitch Daniels?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week