After Newt Gingrich's shocking come-from-behind victory in South Carolina, he vaulted into a polling lead in Florida's Jan. 31 primary. But then a worried GOP establishment quickly attacked Newt, and a newly aggressive Mitt Romney bested Gingrich in two Florida debates, reclaiming the lead. But with many voters still cool on Romney, will the GOP try to draft a white knight like Mitch Daniels?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Why we gossip, according to science
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week