or more than three decades, the Sundance Film Festival has reliably served as a launching pad for some of the most successful indie films. From sex, lies, and videotape to The Blair Witch Project to Little Miss Sunshine, the Park City, Utah, festival has hosted the first screenings of a long line of future blockbuster hits, industry-changers, and award-winning movies. Here, a look eight of the most buzzed-about films from this year's festival:
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week