For more than three decades, the Sundance Film Festival has reliably served as a launching pad for some of the most successful indie films. From sex, lies, and videotape to The Blair Witch Project to Little Miss Sunshine, the Park City, Utah, festival has hosted the first screenings of a long line of future blockbuster hits, industry-changers, and award-winning movies. Here, a look eight of the most buzzed-about films from this year's festival:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- 10 things you need to know today: July 28, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The militarization of America’s police
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week