For more than three decades, the Sundance Film Festival has reliably served as a launching pad for some of the most successful indie films. From sex, lies, and videotape to The Blair Witch Project to Little Miss Sunshine, the Park City, Utah, festival has hosted the first screenings of a long line of future blockbuster hits, industry-changers, and award-winning movies. Here, a look eight of the most buzzed-about films from this year's festival:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week