or more than three decades, the Sundance Film Festival has reliably served as a launching pad for some of the most successful indie films. From sex, lies, and videotape to The Blair Witch Project to Little Miss Sunshine, the Park City, Utah, festival has hosted the first screenings of a long line of future blockbuster hits, industry-changers, and award-winning movies. Here, a look eight of the most buzzed-about films from this year's festival:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
Subscribe to the Week