or more than three decades, the Sundance Film Festival has reliably served as a launching pad for some of the most successful indie films. From sex, lies, and videotape to The Blair Witch Project to Little Miss Sunshine, the Park City, Utah, festival has hosted the first screenings of a long line of future blockbuster hits, industry-changers, and award-winning movies. Here, a look eight of the most buzzed-about films from this year's festival:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week