"No nipples!" Madonna promised in promoting her gig as this year's Super Bowl halftime show performer. But that's not to say that Her Madgesty isn't courting controversy. Some critics, for instance, are concerned over rumors that Madonna is "bringing gay to the Super Bowl," intentionally pushing the envelope in front of a relatively conservative audience — adding to a long list of past halftime show controversies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week