"No nipples!" Madonna promised in promoting her gig as this year's Super Bowl halftime show performer. But that's not to say that Her Madgesty isn't courting controversy. Some critics, for instance, are concerned over rumors that Madonna is "bringing gay to the Super Bowl," intentionally pushing the envelope in front of a relatively conservative audience — adding to a long list of past halftime show controversies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week