"No nipples!" Madonna promised in promoting her gig as this year's Super Bowl halftime show performer. But that's not to say that Her Madgesty isn't courting controversy. Some critics, for instance, are concerned over rumors that Madonna is "bringing gay to the Super Bowl," intentionally pushing the envelope in front of a relatively conservative audience — adding to a long list of past halftime show controversies.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week