Siblings are seemingly born into a battle — whether fighting for the remote, attention, or the bigger room — that doesn't necessarily end in adulthood. When sibling rivalry persists among athletic brothers and sisters, it ups the ante on already nail-biting competitions. Here's a look at some of the most riveting sibling rivalries in sports, from football's Manning brothers to tennis' Williams sisters.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Your state bird could be extinct by 2080
Subscribe to the Week