Siblings are seemingly born into a battle — whether fighting for the remote, attention, or the bigger room — that doesn't necessarily end in adulthood. When sibling rivalry persists among athletic brothers and sisters, it ups the ante on already nail-biting competitions. Here's a look at some of the most riveting sibling rivalries in sports, from football's Manning brothers to tennis' Williams sisters.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
Subscribe to the Week