hitney Houston, the prodigious R&B superstar known for her soaring voice and erratic personal life, died Saturday at age 48. The daughter of gospel singer Cissy Houston, cousin of Dionne Warwick, and goddaughter of Aretha Franklin, Houston rose to fame in the 1980s, cementing her status as one of her generation's greatest voices with hits like "I Will Always Love You." Here, a look back at her highs and lows:
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Science: Cuddling is key to a committed and loving relationship
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hotel of enlightenment
Subscribe to the Week