A sculpture of Russia's President Dmitry Medvedev (R) and Prime Minister Vladimir Putin at a wax museum in St. Petersburg: Public opposition to Putin's seemingly inevitable presidential re-election is spreading throughout Russia and, for some observers, echoes last year's Arab uprisings. Click through for a look at some of the most remarkable images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week