A week after Whitney Houston's sudden death, shocked fans are still grappling with the loss of a great American talent. Video of her "haunting" final performance circulated, the Grammys aired a (brief) tribute, and Houston's music leapt to the top of the charts. As officials continue to investigate how Houston died, she'll be laid to rest this weekend.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- California's epic drought
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week