A week after Whitney Houston's sudden death, shocked fans are still grappling with the loss of a great American talent. Video of her "haunting" final performance circulated, the Grammys aired a (brief) tribute, and Houston's music leapt to the top of the charts. As officials continue to investigate how Houston died, she'll be laid to rest this weekend.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
Subscribe to the Week