A week after Whitney Houston's sudden death, shocked fans are still grappling with the loss of a great American talent. Video of her "haunting" final performance circulated, the Grammys aired a (brief) tribute, and Houston's music leapt to the top of the charts. As officials continue to investigate how Houston died, she'll be laid to rest this weekend.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week