Statues of Buddhist monks near a temple in Myanmar close to the border with Thailand. Myanmar's new government signed a ceasefire deal with New Mon State Party and its military wing after decades of conflict, and has outlined a plan for permanent peace with all 16 of the country's ethnic rebel groups. Click through for more of the week's most remarkable images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Surviving a plane crash
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Everything you need to master Chinese cooking
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- When men who abstain from pre-marital sex get married
Subscribe to the Week