Statues of Buddhist monks near a temple in Myanmar close to the border with Thailand. Myanmar's new government signed a ceasefire deal with New Mon State Party and its military wing after decades of conflict, and has outlined a plan for permanent peace with all 16 of the country's ethnic rebel groups. Click through for more of the week's most remarkable images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week