Why rent a weekend retreat when you can own one? These four family-friendly compounds tucked into New York's Adirondack mountain range boast lake access, screened-in porches, updated mess halls, and, in the case of this property in Lake Pleasant, N.Y., even a golf course. Here a look at the best upstate estates on the market. For more information about any of the properties listed in this slideshow, please contact the real estate agent listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why I give money to homeless people
Subscribe to the Week