Why rent a weekend retreat when you can own one? These four family-friendly compounds tucked into New York's Adirondack mountain range boast lake access, screened-in porches, updated mess halls, and, in the case of this property in Lake Pleasant, N.Y., even a golf course. Here a look at the best upstate estates on the market. For more information about any of the properties listed in this slideshow, please contact the real estate agent listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
Subscribe to the Week