Why rent a weekend retreat when you can own one? These four family-friendly compounds tucked into New York's Adirondack mountain range boast lake access, screened-in porches, updated mess halls, and, in the case of this property in Lake Pleasant, N.Y., even a golf course. Here a look at the best upstate estates on the market. For more information about any of the properties listed in this slideshow, please contact the real estate agent listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week