his year's Oscars telecast failed to win over most critics, but at least one person, or limb, managed to impress: Angelina Jolie's right leg. From the red carpet to the awards' stage, that leg was often as prominent as the miniature gold man himself. Of course, Jolie is no stranger to the dramatic slit. From the peek of a knee to the mile-high crevasse, a visual timeline of those spotlight-seeking gams:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week