This year's Oscars telecast failed to win over most critics, but at least one person, or limb, managed to impress: Angelina Jolie's right leg. From the red carpet to the awards' stage, that leg was often as prominent as the miniature gold man himself. Of course, Jolie is no stranger to the dramatic slit. From the peek of a knee to the mile-high crevasse, a visual timeline of those spotlight-seeking gams:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
Subscribe to the Week