This year's Oscars telecast failed to win over most critics, but at least one person, or limb, managed to impress: Angelina Jolie's right leg. From the red carpet to the awards' stage, that leg was often as prominent as the miniature gold man himself. Of course, Jolie is no stranger to the dramatic slit. From the peek of a knee to the mile-high crevasse, a visual timeline of those spotlight-seeking gams:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
Subscribe to the Week