This year's Oscars telecast failed to win over most critics, but at least one person, or limb, managed to impress: Angelina Jolie's right leg. From the red carpet to the awards' stage, that leg was often as prominent as the miniature gold man himself. Of course, Jolie is no stranger to the dramatic slit. From the peek of a knee to the mile-high crevasse, a visual timeline of those spotlight-seeking gams:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week