mere two weeks after Whitney Houston's death, a biopic about the supernova singer is already being rushed to the big screen — fueled by the late diva's longtime mentor Clive Davis. Early reports tap Rihanna as the first choice to play Houston in the flick, but suggest that fellow R&B starlets Jennifer Hudson and Jordin Sparks are contenders, too. Who has the chops to play the "I Will Always Love You" singer? Here's a look at the casting rumors:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week