mere two weeks after Whitney Houston's death, a biopic about the supernova singer is already being rushed to the big screen — fueled by the late diva's longtime mentor Clive Davis. Early reports tap Rihanna as the first choice to play Houston in the flick, but suggest that fellow R&B starlets Jennifer Hudson and Jordin Sparks are contenders, too. Who has the chops to play the "I Will Always Love You" singer? Here's a look at the casting rumors:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week