A mere two weeks after Whitney Houston's death, a biopic about the supernova singer is already being rushed to the big screen — fueled by the late diva's longtime mentor Clive Davis. Early reports tap Rihanna as the first choice to play Houston in the flick, but suggest that fellow R&B starlets Jennifer Hudson and Jordin Sparks are contenders, too. Who has the chops to play the "I Will Always Love You" singer? Here's a look at the casting rumors:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week