Each spring TV critics blog with glee as pilot castings are announced, revealing which big-named movie stars may finally be slumming it on the boob tube, and which TV veterans could make heralded returns. While there's no guarantee these pilots will be picked up, from Dennis Quaid's first regular TV role to the reunion of Roseanne and John Goodman, here's a look at the most exciting castings so far this pilot season:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week