Mitt Romney widened his delegate lead by winning six of the GOP's 10 Super Tuesday contests, but it wasn't enough to knock out Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich. Now, with attention turning to next week's Mississippi and Alabama primaries (which an unoptimistic Mitt has labeled "away games"), conservatives are calling on Newt to drop out so Santorum can face Mitt in a head-to-head battle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- Summer movie guide: All the films you should see in August
Subscribe to the Week