Mitt Romney widened his delegate lead by winning six of the GOP's 10 Super Tuesday contests, but it wasn't enough to knock out Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich. Now, with attention turning to next week's Mississippi and Alabama primaries (which an unoptimistic Mitt has labeled "away games"), conservatives are calling on Newt to drop out so Santorum can face Mitt in a head-to-head battle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week