Mitt Romney widened his delegate lead by winning six of the GOP's 10 Super Tuesday contests, but it wasn't enough to knock out Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich. Now, with attention turning to next week's Mississippi and Alabama primaries (which an unoptimistic Mitt has labeled "away games"), conservatives are calling on Newt to drop out so Santorum can face Mitt in a head-to-head battle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week