ecades before Richard Nixon resigned the presidency in disgrace, he was just another love-struck young man. And now, the notoriously paranoid and profane Republican's mushy letters to his then-future wife, Pat, are on display at his presidential library in California. Here, Nixon takes a private walk in the 1970s with the woman he once called his "Irish gypsy." Click through for more revelations from Nixon's love letters:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week