Decades before Richard Nixon resigned the presidency in disgrace, he was just another love-struck young man. And now, the notoriously paranoid and profane Republican's mushy letters to his then-future wife, Pat, are on display at his presidential library in California. Here, Nixon takes a private walk in the 1970s with the woman he once called his "Irish gypsy." Click through for more revelations from Nixon's love letters:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
Subscribe to the Week