Decades before Richard Nixon resigned the presidency in disgrace, he was just another love-struck young man. And now, the notoriously paranoid and profane Republican's mushy letters to his then-future wife, Pat, are on display at his presidential library in California. Here, Nixon takes a private walk in the 1970s with the woman he once called his "Irish gypsy." Click through for more revelations from Nixon's love letters:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- Girls on Film: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay isn't an action movie. It's a war movie.
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week