ecades before Richard Nixon resigned the presidency in disgrace, he was just another love-struck young man. And now, the notoriously paranoid and profane Republican's mushy letters to his then-future wife, Pat, are on display at his presidential library in California. Here, Nixon takes a private walk in the 1970s with the woman he once called his "Irish gypsy." Click through for more revelations from Nixon's love letters:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week