When the 40th Iditarod Trail Dog Sled race began March 4 north of Anchorage, Alaska, 66 teams set off on the 975-mile journey to Nome. Over a week later, Dallas Seavey, 25, emerged as the youngest musher ever to win the race. Click through to see how the action unfolded on the frozen tundra...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 28, 2014
- What Ann Coulter and atheist Richard Dawkins have in common
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
Subscribe to the Week