When the 40th Iditarod Trail Dog Sled race began March 4 north of Anchorage, Alaska, 66 teams set off on the 975-mile journey to Nome. Over a week later, Dallas Seavey, 25, emerged as the youngest musher ever to win the race. Click through to see how the action unfolded on the frozen tundra...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week