When the 40th Iditarod Trail Dog Sled race began March 4 north of Anchorage, Alaska, 66 teams set off on the 975-mile journey to Nome. Over a week later, Dallas Seavey, 25, emerged as the youngest musher ever to win the race. Click through to see how the action unfolded on the frozen tundra...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Can business succeed where the embargo failed in Cuba?
Subscribe to the Week