hen the 40th Iditarod Trail Dog Sled race began March 4 north of Anchorage, Alaska, 66 teams set off on the 975-mile journey to Nome. Over a week later, Dallas Seavey, 25, emerged as the youngest musher ever to win the race. Click through to see how the action unfolded on the frozen tundra...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The worrying rise of the anti-vaccination movement
Subscribe to the Week