When the 40th Iditarod Trail Dog Sled race began March 4 north of Anchorage, Alaska, 66 teams set off on the 975-mile journey to Nome. Over a week later, Dallas Seavey, 25, emerged as the youngest musher ever to win the race. Click through to see how the action unfolded on the frozen tundra...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week