When the 40th Iditarod Trail Dog Sled race began March 4 north of Anchorage, Alaska, 66 teams set off on the 975-mile journey to Nome. Over a week later, Dallas Seavey, 25, emerged as the youngest musher ever to win the race. Click through to see how the action unfolded on the frozen tundra...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- As deadly skin cancer rates keep climbing, surgeon general says to stop tanning and wear sunscreen
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
Subscribe to the Week