OP presidential frontrunner Mitt Romney was hoping for a decent showing in the South. Instead, Rick Santorum pulled off surprise victories in Mississippi and Alabama, Newt Gingrich came in second, and Romney was stuck with two humiliating third-place finishes. But despite Mitt's recent struggles — including a "disastrous" Fox News interview — he's still the heavy favorite for the nomination.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week