GOP presidential frontrunner Mitt Romney was hoping for a decent showing in the South. Instead, Rick Santorum pulled off surprise victories in Mississippi and Alabama, Newt Gingrich came in second, and Romney was stuck with two humiliating third-place finishes. But despite Mitt's recent struggles — including a "disastrous" Fox News interview — he's still the heavy favorite for the nomination.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week