South by Southwest, the combination film-music-tech festival that takes place each spring in Austin, TX, has proven to be one of pop culture's most reliable launching grounds. Last year alone, the festival — better known as SXSW — premiered Bridesmaids and kickstarted pop-rockers Foster the People's hit streak. Now that the festival's over, here's a look at the movies, TV shows, and more that got people talking in Austin:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week