South by Southwest, the combination film-music-tech festival that takes place each spring in Austin, TX, has proven to be one of pop culture's most reliable launching grounds. Last year alone, the festival — better known as SXSW — premiered Bridesmaids and kickstarted pop-rockers Foster the People's hit streak. Now that the festival's over, here's a look at the movies, TV shows, and more that got people talking in Austin:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week