South by Southwest, the combination film-music-tech festival that takes place each spring in Austin, TX, has proven to be one of pop culture's most reliable launching grounds. Last year alone, the festival — better known as SXSW — premiered Bridesmaids and kickstarted pop-rockers Foster the People's hit streak. Now that the festival's over, here's a look at the movies, TV shows, and more that got people talking in Austin:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week