South by Southwest, the combination film-music-tech festival that takes place each spring in Austin, TX, has proven to be one of pop culture's most reliable launching grounds. Last year alone, the festival — better known as SXSW — premiered Bridesmaids and kickstarted pop-rockers Foster the People's hit streak. Now that the festival's over, here's a look at the movies, TV shows, and more that got people talking in Austin:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
Subscribe to the Week