he Hunger Games is poised to eclipse $100 million at the box office when it opens the weekend, but Katniss and Co. won't just be raking in the dough at the multiplex. The film's marketers are hocking a cornucopia's worth of tie-in merchandise — of varying degrees of absurdity — including this Hunger Games-themed Snuggie. Here, a look at the many ways you can own a bit of Hunger Games hysteria:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week