The Hunger Games is poised to eclipse $100 million at the box office when it opens the weekend, but Katniss and Co. won't just be raking in the dough at the multiplex. The film's marketers are hocking a cornucopia's worth of tie-in merchandise — of varying degrees of absurdity — including this Hunger Games-themed Snuggie. Here, a look at the many ways you can own a bit of Hunger Games hysteria:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week