Outrage boiled over this week as authorities failed to arrest or charge George Zimmerman, the arguably overzealous neighborhood watchman who shot and killed black Florida teen Trayvon Martin. Many protesters blame shoddy police practices and a lax state gun law, while others see racism in the controversial case. Even President Obama has weighed in, saying Trayvon makes him think of his own children.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
Subscribe to the Week