Outrage boiled over this week as authorities failed to arrest or charge George Zimmerman, the arguably overzealous neighborhood watchman who shot and killed black Florida teen Trayvon Martin. Many protesters blame shoddy police practices and a lax state gun law, while others see racism in the controversial case. Even President Obama has weighed in, saying Trayvon makes him think of his own children.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
Subscribe to the Week