Outrage boiled over this week as authorities failed to arrest or charge George Zimmerman, the arguably overzealous neighborhood watchman who shot and killed black Florida teen Trayvon Martin. Many protesters blame shoddy police practices and a lax state gun law, while others see racism in the controversial case. Even President Obama has weighed in, saying Trayvon makes him think of his own children.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
Subscribe to the Week