Outrage boiled over this week as authorities failed to arrest or charge George Zimmerman, the arguably overzealous neighborhood watchman who shot and killed black Florida teen Trayvon Martin. Many protesters blame shoddy police practices and a lax state gun law, while others see racism in the controversial case. Even President Obama has weighed in, saying Trayvon makes him think of his own children.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
Subscribe to the Week