Outrage boiled over this week as authorities failed to arrest or charge George Zimmerman, the arguably overzealous neighborhood watchman who shot and killed black Florida teen Trayvon Martin. Many protesters blame shoddy police practices and a lax state gun law, while others see racism in the controversial case. Even President Obama has weighed in, saying Trayvon makes him think of his own children.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- What big data can tell us about the things we eat
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week