While plenty of Harry Potter fans would love to get their hands on a Butterbeer, followers of Game of Thrones may wonder what auroch stew and roast swan taste like. There's hope for these curious foodies yet. At the intersection of pop culture and the foodie fad sits a cornucopia of ridiculous new recipe collections, including the latest: The Unofficial Game of Thrones Cookbook. Here, a look at 8 culinary guides that take fandom a little too far:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
Subscribe to the Week