hile plenty of Harry Potter fans would love to get their hands on a Butterbeer, followers of Game of Thrones may wonder what auroch stew and roast swan taste like. There's hope for these curious foodies yet. At the intersection of pop culture and the foodie fad sits a cornucopia of ridiculous new recipe collections, including the latest: The Unofficial Game of Thrones Cookbook. Here, a look at 8 culinary guides that take fandom a little too far:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- That 'world's toughest job' ad is actually full of horrible lessons on motherhood
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week