While plenty of Harry Potter fans would love to get their hands on a Butterbeer, followers of Game of Thrones may wonder what auroch stew and roast swan taste like. There's hope for these curious foodies yet. At the intersection of pop culture and the foodie fad sits a cornucopia of ridiculous new recipe collections, including the latest: The Unofficial Game of Thrones Cookbook. Here, a look at 8 culinary guides that take fandom a little too far:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week