While plenty of Harry Potter fans would love to get their hands on a Butterbeer, followers of Game of Thrones may wonder what auroch stew and roast swan taste like. There's hope for these curious foodies yet. At the intersection of pop culture and the foodie fad sits a cornucopia of ridiculous new recipe collections, including the latest: The Unofficial Game of Thrones Cookbook. Here, a look at 8 culinary guides that take fandom a little too far:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- The safest seats are at the back of the plane — and 5 other surprising facts about airline crashes
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
Subscribe to the Week