While plenty of Harry Potter fans would love to get their hands on a Butterbeer, followers of Game of Thrones may wonder what auroch stew and roast swan taste like. There's hope for these curious foodies yet. At the intersection of pop culture and the foodie fad sits a cornucopia of ridiculous new recipe collections, including the latest: The Unofficial Game of Thrones Cookbook. Here, a look at 8 culinary guides that take fandom a little too far:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
Subscribe to the Week