worker picks giant tecolote ranunculus flowers by hand at the Flower Fields in Carlsbad, Calif. The large, showy blooms — a favorite among gardeners — are sold for commercial purposes, and the fields themselves have become a tourist destination. Click through for a look at more of the week's most gawk-worthy images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week