A worker picks giant tecolote ranunculus flowers by hand at the Flower Fields in Carlsbad, Calif. The large, showy blooms — a favorite among gardeners — are sold for commercial purposes, and the fields themselves have become a tourist destination. Click through for a look at more of the week's most gawk-worthy images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
Subscribe to the Week