worker picks giant tecolote ranunculus flowers by hand at the Flower Fields in Carlsbad, Calif. The large, showy blooms — a favorite among gardeners — are sold for commercial purposes, and the fields themselves have become a tourist destination. Click through for a look at more of the week's most gawk-worthy images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
Subscribe to the Week