A worker picks giant tecolote ranunculus flowers by hand at the Flower Fields in Carlsbad, Calif. The large, showy blooms — a favorite among gardeners — are sold for commercial purposes, and the fields themselves have become a tourist destination. Click through for a look at more of the week's most gawk-worthy images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 22, 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week