The nation continues to grapple with the controversial shooting death of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teen killed during a murky scuffle with neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman. Zimmerman insists he was acting in self-defense, but grainy police video seems to contradict that claim. Meanwhile, Americans are engaging in plenty of finger-pointing, theorizing, demonstrating, and soul-searching.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
Subscribe to the Week