The nation continues to grapple with the controversial shooting death of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teen killed during a murky scuffle with neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman. Zimmerman insists he was acting in self-defense, but grainy police video seems to contradict that claim. Meanwhile, Americans are engaging in plenty of finger-pointing, theorizing, demonstrating, and soul-searching.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The week's best photojournalism
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week