The nation continues to grapple with the controversial shooting death of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teen killed during a murky scuffle with neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman. Zimmerman insists he was acting in self-defense, but grainy police video seems to contradict that claim. Meanwhile, Americans are engaging in plenty of finger-pointing, theorizing, demonstrating, and soul-searching.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The best books we read in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to wrap a present with mathematical precision (and waste less paper)
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week