If city living is wearing thin, but your job won't let you swap the concrete jungle for lush suburbia, help is on the way. With easy access to local train stations, these five homes will get you into the city with minimal commuting hassle, and, perhaps, enviable scenic views, like this one along New York's Metro North route.
For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, contact the realtor listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What these custom, 3D-printed earphones say about the future of consumer technology
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
Subscribe to the Week