If city living is wearing thin, but your job won't let you swap the concrete jungle for lush suburbia, help is on the way. With easy access to local train stations, these five homes will get you into the city with minimal commuting hassle, and, perhaps, enviable scenic views, like this one along New York's Metro North route.
For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, contact the realtor listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week