If city living is wearing thin, but your job won't let you swap the concrete jungle for lush suburbia, help is on the way. With easy access to local train stations, these five homes will get you into the city with minimal commuting hassle, and, perhaps, enviable scenic views, like this one along New York's Metro North route.
For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, contact the realtor listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week