If city living is wearing thin, but your job won't let you swap the concrete jungle for lush suburbia, help is on the way. With easy access to local train stations, these five homes will get you into the city with minimal commuting hassle, and, perhaps, enviable scenic views, like this one along New York's Metro North route.
For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, contact the realtor listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week