If city living is wearing thin, but your job won't let you swap the concrete jungle for lush suburbia, help is on the way. With easy access to local train stations, these five homes will get you into the city with minimal commuting hassle, and, perhaps, enviable scenic views, like this one along New York's Metro North route.
For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, contact the realtor listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- How names influence our destinies
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week