An anti-government protester throws a molotov cocktail at riot-police Monday in Salmabad, Bahrain. The shooting death of a 22-year-old anti-government protester last Friday has intensified tensions that have been simmering in the island nation since the Sunni monarchy's crackdown on Shiite demonstrators last year. Click through for more of the week's most riveting images from around the globe...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week