An anti-government protester throws a molotov cocktail at riot-police Monday in Salmabad, Bahrain. The shooting death of a 22-year-old anti-government protester last Friday has intensified tensions that have been simmering in the island nation since the Sunni monarchy's crackdown on Shiite demonstrators last year. Click through for more of the week's most riveting images from around the globe...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week