An anti-government protester throws a molotov cocktail at riot-police Monday in Salmabad, Bahrain. The shooting death of a 22-year-old anti-government protester last Friday has intensified tensions that have been simmering in the island nation since the Sunni monarchy's crackdown on Shiite demonstrators last year. Click through for more of the week's most riveting images from around the globe...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week