n anti-government protester throws a molotov cocktail at riot-police Monday in Salmabad, Bahrain. The shooting death of a 22-year-old anti-government protester last Friday has intensified tensions that have been simmering in the island nation since the Sunni monarchy's crackdown on Shiite demonstrators last year. Click through for more of the week's most riveting images from around the globe...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
Subscribe to the Week