An anti-government protester throws a molotov cocktail at riot-police Monday in Salmabad, Bahrain. The shooting death of a 22-year-old anti-government protester last Friday has intensified tensions that have been simmering in the island nation since the Sunni monarchy's crackdown on Shiite demonstrators last year. Click through for more of the week's most riveting images from around the globe...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The NFL is terrified of the culture war
Subscribe to the Week