Jade Laverty, a council employee, models the dress worn by Kate Winslet in the film Titanic in front of an exhibition of Titanic artifacts and memorabilia at Belfast's City Hall over the weekend. Events marking the centennial of the 1912 tragedy have been unfolding all month and include the 3D release of James Cameron's Titanic. Click through for more of the week's most remarkable images from around the globe...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week