hen Rick Santorum ended his insurgent presidential campaign on Tuesday, the Obama-Romney general election matchup began in earnest. And the fight quickly turned nasty, with each campaign accusing the other of declaring war on women. A Democratic consultant not tied to the Obama campaign dissed Mitt Romney's wife for being a stay-at-home mom, giving Republicans more fuel for their fire.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
Subscribe to the Week