When Rick Santorum ended his insurgent presidential campaign on Tuesday, the Obama-Romney general election matchup began in earnest. And the fight quickly turned nasty, with each campaign accusing the other of declaring war on women. A Democratic consultant not tied to the Obama campaign dissed Mitt Romney's wife for being a stay-at-home mom, giving Republicans more fuel for their fire.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week