When Rick Santorum ended his insurgent presidential campaign on Tuesday, the Obama-Romney general election matchup began in earnest. And the fight quickly turned nasty, with each campaign accusing the other of declaring war on women. A Democratic consultant not tied to the Obama campaign dissed Mitt Romney's wife for being a stay-at-home mom, giving Republicans more fuel for their fire.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week