When Rick Santorum ended his insurgent presidential campaign on Tuesday, the Obama-Romney general election matchup began in earnest. And the fight quickly turned nasty, with each campaign accusing the other of declaring war on women. A Democratic consultant not tied to the Obama campaign dissed Mitt Romney's wife for being a stay-at-home mom, giving Republicans more fuel for their fire.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week