When Rick Santorum ended his insurgent presidential campaign on Tuesday, the Obama-Romney general election matchup began in earnest. And the fight quickly turned nasty, with each campaign accusing the other of declaring war on women. A Democratic consultant not tied to the Obama campaign dissed Mitt Romney's wife for being a stay-at-home mom, giving Republicans more fuel for their fire.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
Subscribe to the Week