Concrete is among the world's toughest building materials, able to withstand Mother Nature's harshest elements. But resilience doesn't necessarily mean sacrificing light and beauty. These six homes, including this Los Angeles mansion, illustrate concrete's sometimes surprising decorative flexibility.
For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtor listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week