Concrete is among the world's toughest building materials, able to withstand Mother Nature's harshest elements. But resilience doesn't necessarily mean sacrificing light and beauty. These six homes, including this Los Angeles mansion, illustrate concrete's sometimes surprising decorative flexibility.
For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtor listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week