President Obama once famously compared himself to a "blank screen" on which people could project their views, and the public has often done just that. Over the years Obama's been called a socialist and a savior, a charlatan and a professor — what he represents depends as much on our opinions as what's happening in the world around us. Here, a look back at the many hats and costumes the president has worn on the cover of The Week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- In defense of family dinner
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week