resident Obama once famously compared himself to a "blank screen" on which people could project their views, and the public has often done just that. Over the years Obama's been called a socialist and a savior, a charlatan and a professor — what he represents depends as much on our opinions as what's happening in the world around us. Here, a look back at the many hats and costumes the president has worn on the cover of The Week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
Subscribe to the Week