Crew members of the Guayas-Ecuadorian Tall Ship stand atop the mast as they make their way up the Mississippi River during NOLA Navy Week, which coincided with the bicentennial of the War of 1812. Click through for a look at more of the week's most remarkable images from around the globe.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week