Three Secret Service agents have been ousted, and more firings and a potential lawsuit are expected, after a humiliating scandal in which 11 men charged with protecting President Obama on a trip to Colombia were found drunkenly cavorting with prostitutes from a tacky brothel. The tawdry story hurts Obama in a closely fought election — potentially undermining his management prowess — and it's not going away anytime soon.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
Subscribe to the Week