Three Secret Service agents have been ousted, and more firings and a potential lawsuit are expected, after a humiliating scandal in which 11 men charged with protecting President Obama on a trip to Colombia were found drunkenly cavorting with prostitutes from a tacky brothel. The tawdry story hurts Obama in a closely fought election — potentially undermining his management prowess — and it's not going away anytime soon.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week