hree Secret Service agents have been ousted, and more firings and a potential lawsuit are expected, after a humiliating scandal in which 11 men charged with protecting President Obama on a trip to Colombia were found drunkenly cavorting with prostitutes from a tacky brothel. The tawdry story hurts Obama in a closely fought election — potentially undermining his management prowess — and it's not going away anytime soon.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
Subscribe to the Week