Three Secret Service agents have been ousted, and more firings and a potential lawsuit are expected, after a humiliating scandal in which 11 men charged with protecting President Obama on a trip to Colombia were found drunkenly cavorting with prostitutes from a tacky brothel. The tawdry story hurts Obama in a closely fought election — potentially undermining his management prowess — and it's not going away anytime soon.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week