Three Secret Service agents have been ousted, and more firings and a potential lawsuit are expected, after a humiliating scandal in which 11 men charged with protecting President Obama on a trip to Colombia were found drunkenly cavorting with prostitutes from a tacky brothel. The tawdry story hurts Obama in a closely fought election — potentially undermining his management prowess — and it's not going away anytime soon.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
Subscribe to the Week