La Villa Hamster in Nantes, France, offers guests the ultimate hamster experience: Beds of organic hay, edible grains, and a huge, human-sized hamster wheel. The hotel says it is filling the "animal transformation" niche in the hotel industry that has curiously gone unfilled for so many years. Here, a pictorial guide to the other strange ideas to emerge from the home-away-from-home industry:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- How to make salads for reluctant salad eaters
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
Subscribe to the Week