a Villa Hamster in Nantes, France, offers guests the ultimate hamster experience: Beds of organic hay, edible grains, and a huge, human-sized hamster wheel. The hotel says it is filling the "animal transformation" niche in the hotel industry that has curiously gone unfilled for so many years. Here, a pictorial guide to the other strange ideas to emerge from the home-away-from-home industry:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- When will the Big One strike California?
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week