a Villa Hamster in Nantes, France, offers guests the ultimate hamster experience: Beds of organic hay, edible grains, and a huge, human-sized hamster wheel. The hotel says it is filling the "animal transformation" niche in the hotel industry that has curiously gone unfilled for so many years. Here, a pictorial guide to the other strange ideas to emerge from the home-away-from-home industry:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
Subscribe to the Week