La Villa Hamster in Nantes, France, offers guests the ultimate hamster experience: Beds of organic hay, edible grains, and a huge, human-sized hamster wheel. The hotel says it is filling the "animal transformation" niche in the hotel industry that has curiously gone unfilled for so many years. Here, a pictorial guide to the other strange ideas to emerge from the home-away-from-home industry:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week