La Villa Hamster in Nantes, France, offers guests the ultimate hamster experience: Beds of organic hay, edible grains, and a huge, human-sized hamster wheel. The hotel says it is filling the "animal transformation" niche in the hotel industry that has curiously gone unfilled for so many years. Here, a pictorial guide to the other strange ideas to emerge from the home-away-from-home industry:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week