On Sunday, Fox celebrated 25 years of envelope-pushing TV programming. No current Fox show embodies that spirit more than Glee, the song-and-dance soap opera that has come under fire for its aggressively frank portrayals of teen sexuality, empowered gay students, and more. As the show's recent arc about a transgender character makes headlines, here's a look at some of Glee's biggest controversies:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 20, 2014
- Don't change a thing: 8 inventions that never needed updating
- How neuroscience can help us understand political partisanship
Subscribe to the Week