On Sunday, Fox celebrated 25 years of envelope-pushing TV programming. No current Fox show embodies that spirit more than Glee, the song-and-dance soap opera that has come under fire for its aggressively frank portrayals of teen sexuality, empowered gay students, and more. As the show's recent arc about a transgender character makes headlines, here's a look at some of Glee's biggest controversies:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- How computers will replace your doctor
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week