On Sunday, Fox celebrated 25 years of envelope-pushing TV programming. No current Fox show embodies that spirit more than Glee, the song-and-dance soap opera that has come under fire for its aggressively frank portrayals of teen sexuality, empowered gay students, and more. As the show's recent arc about a transgender character makes headlines, here's a look at some of Glee's biggest controversies:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week