half dozen teens in California have ended up in emergency rooms after drinking alcohol that had been extracted from hand sanitizer. Through a distillation process, the kids were able to create a moonshine with a whopping 60 percent alcohol content. If that seems dumb and dangerous, here are 9 other surprising ways teens are making the legal illicit:
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week