half dozen teens in California have ended up in emergency rooms after drinking alcohol that had been extracted from hand sanitizer. Through a distillation process, the kids were able to create a moonshine with a whopping 60 percent alcohol content. If that seems dumb and dangerous, here are 9 other surprising ways teens are making the legal illicit:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- That 'world's toughest job' ad is actually full of horrible lessons on motherhood
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week